COVID-19 Pandemic and Education Abroad
The University of Dayton is continually monitoring the COVID-19 Pandemic and its impact on travel, including education abroad. As of 8.3.22, all domestic travel can proceed. International travel can proceed, but any travel that is deemed high risk will be assessed individually through a High Risk Travel Waiver process
COVID-19 Vaccination and Travel
The University of Dayton strongly recommends
that students, faculty, and staff who are traveling internationally or domestically be up to date on the COVID-19 vaccination. Some of the reasons include:
- Vaccination is the best way to protect against serious illness from COVID 19.
- Some locations where UD travelers go have a vaccination requirement in place or additional entry requirements for unvaccinated travelers.
- Some providers or host organizations have a COVID-19 vaccination requirement in place
- Unvaccinated travelers may be unable to fully participate in travel activities, if sites require vaccination or negative test results.
- We have a commitment to the common good, which should extend to our global community. Vaccination will help us protect communities that may not have the same access to or rates of vaccination.
- Travelers who are vaccinated are less likely to be hospitalized with COVID.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you review any COVID-19 vaccination or entry requirements as it relates to your travels, including requirements through the host country or location, providers, community organizations, host university, etc. and that you can meet those requirements.
- If a country or organization requires any type of vaccination proof (electronic system, physical copy, etc.), you are responsible for understanding these requirements and following them.
- If you are not up to date on your COVID-19 vaccinations, despite UD’s recommendation, you will still be held responsible for the program’s withdrawal policies if you are no longer able to travel due to vaccination requirements of other entities (countries, providers, host universities, etc.).
If you have any questions regarding vaccination and travel, please contact the Global and Intercultural Affairs Center at email@example.com.