International Student Resources
As an international student studying at the University of Dayton, you are already studying abroad! You also have the opportunity to join us on programs in other countries to expand your knowledge and network. Travel, study, and work visas may provide you with some restrictions, so it is important to research your visa requirements with regards to the classes you’re taking as well as the desired country.
Questions to Consider:
- What is the relationship between my home country and host country?
- Have I researched the visa requirements between my home country and host country?
- Have I contacted International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) to touch base about my plans to study abroad? Have I discussed any requirements that need to be done to stay in compliance with my student visa?
- What immigration documents do I need to carry with me?
- Does my home country (or a particular organization) fund my education? If so, do they have any restrictions regarding where and when I can take courses?
Questions generated by the NC State Study Abroad Office
Below are resources to help you better understand how your identity may impact your experience abroad.
Plan for Study Abroad as International Student in the U.S.
Exploring Racial and Ethnic Identity as an International Student Studying Abroad
Identity work can be difficult, yet rewarding. However, you do not have to go through this process alone. There are offices on campuses available to support you! If you would like to talk through the "Questions to Consider" or other concerns you may have related to this topic, you can reach out to the offices below.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)