Non-UD Study Abroad Programs Application
Students have the freedom to take their education around the globe! If UD does not have an active faculty-led program or institutional partnership abroad, students have the ability to study through Non-UD Programs throughout the entire world. Please feel free to visit our office to review hard copy materials from many provider programs, or use the hyperlinks provided below for two major study abroad online search engines. (Please note, that all outside programs must first be approved by the Education Abroad Office before students are eligible to participate)
For any UD student participating in a Third Party/Non-UD Provider program, this application is a requirement. There are several on-campus procedures that you need to be aware of and are responsible for, and by working with the Education Abroad Office you will be well-prepared for your study abroad experience!
When students choose to participate in a program that is not affiliated with the University of Dayton billing and financial aid is altered to align with the provider. A points to take note of when considering a program outside of the university.
- UD scholarships are not transferable to outside provider programs. All scholarships will be reinstated when the students returns from abroad, but can not be used for their program.
- Government Financial Aid, including grants and loans, can be transferable but are subject to award availability and guidelines.
- If students intend to use their government awarded student aid they will be required to complete a Consortium Agreement with their chosen provider and the Flyers First Office. (The Consortium Agreement can be found within their UD application materials or can be obtained at the Flyers First Office)
- All program bills will be sent directly to the student or designated recipient listed for charges towards the program. No charges will, or can be, processed through the University of Dayton.
- Students will not be asked to pay for tuition, housing, or meal plans to the University of Dayton while away on their program.
- Students must be in sophomore standing
- Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing - both at the time their application is being processed and at time of departure.
- They must all the requirements to participate from both the University of Dayton, as well as the Third Party Provider
Students will be required to participate in a pre-departure orientation in the semester prior to their program participation.
Pre-departure is MANDATORY
for all accepted participants and dates and times will be announced within your application as they are scheduled
Third Party Providers may also have orientation requirements that align with their program. Students will also be responsible for completing any, or all, offerings mandated by the provider.
Additional Information and Things to Consider
- If you do not yet have a passport, or if it is/or is about to expire, it is advised that you process a new one as soon as possible. This is documentation that is needed for the final stages of your application for the University of Dayton, and may be requested before acceptance for provider companies.
Looking to Learn more About the Student Experience? Ask Program Alumni about their Experiences Abroad...
Academic Programs International (API)
Senior, Double Major in International Studies and French with a concentration in International Education
- Faculty Led French Immersion - Angers, France (Summer 2014)
- Third Party Provider with API - Grenoble, France (Fall 2014)
- Current World Associate Student Worker in the Education Abroad Office
"Choosing to spend 6 months in France the summer before and the fall semester of my sophomore year has been one of the best decisions that I have made in college. I knew that spending that much time in France would help me to become fluent in the language I love, which it did. What I didn't know was the amount of growing I would do as a person while abroad, and how that would impact my life after. Going to a different country, I learned about new cultures and met people from around the world. I learned that I am capable of doing anything I put my mind to, from having full on conversations in French with locals in to navigating traveling around Europe by myself. I created memories that will last for a lifetime! Don’t be scared of the unknown – push yourself to explore and be adventurous! I can guarantee that you won’t regret it!"
To learn more about Heather's experiences abroad feel free to email her at: email@example.com
Athena Study Abroad
Junior, Majors in Secondary Education and English, International Studies minor
- Paros Island, Greece with Athena Study Abroad (Summer 2015)
- Marianist Exchange with Chaminade University, Hawaii (Spring 2016)
- Honors Global Flyer in London, England (Summer 2016)
- World Associate in the Office of Education Abroad starting Fall 2016
"Studying abroad has opened my eyes to new cultures, lifestyles, and people. Being willing to try new things and being open to learn about the world from a different perspective has pushed me out of my comfort zone and has increased my craving for knowledge, opportunity, and travel."
Email Olivia with questions about her experiences abroad at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN)
Senior, International Business Major with a focus in Human Resources Management, Minor in Marketing
- The Education Abroad Network's (TEAN) semester program at Bond University (Spring 2016)
- UD Faculty-led Business in London/ Dublin (Summer 2015)
- Current World Associate in the Education Abroad Office
"Traveling, it leaves you speechless, but turns you into a storyteller."
To learn more about Kristen's experience abroad, or at Bond University, feel free to email her at: email@example.com
Senior, Sport Management Major
- The Education Abroad Network's (TEAN) semester program at Bond University (Fall 2015)
"Studying abroad on the beautiful beaches of Gold Coast, Australia was the trip of a lifetime. I made incredible friends from all over the world and became familiar with a new culture. I have gained a new love for traveling and have given strong interest to pursuing international business as a career. Go abroad, its a life changing experience. In addition here is the Youtube clip of my trip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uk15dx-TIA
To learn more about Chris's experience abroad, or at Bond University, feel free to email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Passports and visas >>
Health and safety >>